Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday! Yesterday was Easter! Guess which celebration was swept under the rug? I guess my birthday can’t really compete with a holiday that involves candy. I took the kids to Pilgrim Park for the neighborhood Easter egg hunt. I chose not to wear a dress, because unlike the other moms, I have not slipped into “Spring Denial”. It’s still cold outside, so I will wear jeans and Uggs and my Northface coat. And the eggs weren’t the only things painted up. You’d think these ladies took makeup advice from 80 year old bridge players. Red lipstick, red cheeks and too much eye makeup. Sheila Dreckwell was the belle of the cosmetic overload ball, and not be outdone, wore a gallon of “Romance” by Ralph Lauren, one of the worst perfumes I’ve ever had the displeasure of gagging on. Her broken down husband Greg wore a white bunny suit that was dirty, a sad sign that they owned that suit. When Shelia turned my way and slightly opened her mouth, I told her she had lipstick on her teeth. She went right for her purse, on the other side of the park. I mean, she didn't have lipstick on her teeth, but it's my birthday. I deserve break from small talk.





No comments:

Post a Comment