Thursday, April 9, 2009

No Penny Pinching

I refuse to use coupons. It's not that I disagree with the idea of coupons, I just have to find subtle ways to put it to Brian for controlling the money. If that's the way he wants it, then I'll be the one buying Crest Pro Health Enamel Shield, two at a time. My only other obstacle in my mission to spend as much money as possible is the store brand savings cards. A grocery trip is not complete without a long discussion as to how it only takes a second to fill out, how much I can save today, corporate dribble, corporate dribble. I'm a smart cookie. I know what those cards do. They collect data, then you exist on paper somewhere as a series of products and days of the week and numbers. Then some marketing nerd tries to predict your shopping habits and how to market directly to you. It's a scheme, I see right through it, and it gets in my way of spending Brian's money. Instead of explaining all this to the check out girl, I tell her I can't read. It's much more effective.




No comments:

Post a Comment