Monday, April 20, 2009

Talk Talk

This is a conversation Bekka and I had yesterday about the children's book "The Tail of Emily Windsnap":

Bekka: So the girl Emily, her mom, let's her take swim lessons and her legs stick together in the water so one night she goes to the pier and swims and her legs turn into a tail.

Me: Oh, wow, how great would that be? Huh? To just swim away from home whenever you want. I bet sometimes you wish you could just run away.

Bekka: No I like it here. Emily lives on a houseboat and I wouldn't like that. It would rock all the time.

Me: But if you ran away, er swam away, you could do whatever you wanted. Think about it.

Bekka: But my legs can't so that mom.

Me: But if they could, would you swim away?

Bekka: I guess that would be fun.

Me: That's all I wanted to know. I mean, you shouldn't run away, but you know, it's natural to want to run away from your parents. But you shouldn't. But don't feel bad for thinking it or trying it. But don't. You understand?

Bekka: You're weird.

Me: Sure, we'll call what I am "weird".




No comments:

Post a Comment