Saturday, May 2, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do

I threw away my last bag of Pepperidge Farm Milano mints. Quitting those things was like quitting smoking when I found out I was pregnant with Bekka. I'm sorry, forced to quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant. But quitting the cookie habit was 100% my decision. I am really, really, really good about eating healthy, it's about the only thing I have any control over, but those delicious, airy, fresh tasting cookies lure me in with their siren song. I'll buy a bag at the store, eat three in the car, then quickly throw the bag out the window onto Weaver Lake Rd. like they're on fire. I feel terrible about throwing them out the car window, but I'd feel worse about taking down a whole bag, "Bekka style" (she gets her compulsive eating habits from my side of the family). But today, today was my last day. I don't want to be the white lady sitting in the parking lot of Cub Foods, scarfing down cookie delights in her mini van while her kids watch. I don't want to be that lady anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment