Friday, May 1, 2009

Girl Fight!

My "best friend"(or "the only female in a 50 mile radius who I can stand for more than 10 minutes"),Kristie Snidelou, is mad at me. She's been calling me, I assume because she's going thru a "needier phase" and needs me to hold a cell phone to my ear for an hour while I do housework and utter intermittent "Really?"'s. I just don't have the energy to deal with her and Denise, who by the way hit rock bottom yesterday with EBay when this item (photo below), an Art Nouveau Period Milk Glass Ink Stand & Inkwell, was sniped from her at the last minute. She lost her shit, yelling and screaming and dropping fbombs, said something mumbly like a gypsy curse, and that was the end of EBay. So, I am back to dealing with her 24/7 and she wants to take us all to a nice lunch today, which means no Tyler (again!). Last sidetrack, so I set up a new e-mail account on gmail, it's rachtyl@gmail.com. It's a special account where he can send e-mails to me!! Cute! I have to clear my history every day, but it feels safer than using my email.

Anyway, so Kristie, not being the most understanding or objective person, got super mad when I would text her back instead of calling her back , you know, just to let her know Denise is here and I would call her when she was gone. So then Kristie would call me the next day, leave a short, angry message to "please call me back", then I would text her, then the next day it would happen like that all over again. I guess my texting instigated her annoying behavior, culminating in this e-mail:

Rachel,

So you have time to text me but you don't have time to call me back? I need you right now and you're being a bad friend. I guess when you "have some time", call me and we can talk about this. I am really disappointed in you. You're not the type of person to let friends down.

Kristie Snidelou


The fact that she signed with her full first name is especially infuriating, it just oozes authoritarian attitude. Like she's reprimanding me.

I'll just ignore her until I am done with Denise, then I'll take Mrs. Kristie Snidelou to lunch and apologize. I may not like her, but I can't dump my friends just because they're demanding and I have nothing in common with them.

(until Tyler and I move in New York together).

From Resentful Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment