Friday, May 22, 2009

Wrongsentful Mom

A 23 year old woman in New Mexico suffocated her 3 year old son, brought him back to life with CPR, then changed her mind and suffocated him again. Then she buried him beneath the sand of a nearby playground. When asked why she did it, Tiffany Toribio said she did not want him to grow up with no one caring about him, the same way that she had grown up where nobody had cared about her. Which is awful. However, according to CNN.com, family members indicated that she did not express the typical love of a mother for her child.

This got me wondering if I was capable of killing my own children. Don't worry, when push comes to shove, I wouldn't be able to murder them. If I wanted to be done with them I would leave them in the dead of the night. But it's kind of like the psychological freak out you go through when you are standing near a ledge or a drop off and your mind says "JUMP" and you get scared that you just may jump. I get scared that I could, one night, just be so frustrated that I drown them or put a pillow over their tiny faces. I won't. Even though they may have been brought into this world under false pretenses, they deserve the chance to live their life. It's theirs to have, not mine to take. Plus, I would go to jail. But I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find someone whose never thought about killing another human being. And if you're a lady with murderous tenancies (I'm looking at you Tiffany), of course you're gonna go for your kids who are small, defenseless, and trust you.




No comments:

Post a Comment