Monday, March 2, 2009

Bon Appetite!

Brian's sister and her boyfriend came to dinner tonight. Clarissa and Ron both live in Houston. Carrissa is a hanger on and Ron's a doctor. A doctor who speaks with a slow Southern drawl, so regardless of what he says, I always picture a guy in a pickup truck holding a Natural Light in a koozie that reads "Think Tank" and has a picture of an outhouse on it. He's in town for a endocrinology convention at the Hyatt Regency and they were kind enough to rent a car so we didn't have to come downtown. That's one of the few perks of having kids, you can get out of stuff like that. Mid dinner they sprung the news on us that they are getting married. In Houston. In 6 months. I was very congratulatory at the table, but inside I was raging. Do you know how hard it is to plan a trip with two children on such short notice? I can understand they want to be speedy for whatever reason (probably a pregnancy), but give me a break. Also, having a wedding in Houston in August is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Not only is it hot, the humidity is close to 100%. There's a reason I love Minnesota - my hair always looks great. I am dreading this - the kids are going to be slippery from the moisture and hot and whiny and uncomfortable and uncontrollable and there's no way out of it. Kids can't get you out of a family wedding. Unless one of them is sick. Which I can work on.




No comments:

Post a Comment