Sunday, March 1, 2009

Other Mother

Cody and I went to see Coraline 3D this afternoon. Bekka thought it looked too scary so she and Brian stayed home and watched Shrek 2 for the millionth time. This was Cody's first 3D movie, and he was really into it. But when the Other Mother and Other Father were introduced, the reaction he had shocked me. As other kids were crying and asking to leave because they were so scared, Cody started laughing. Every time the button eyed alternative parents were on screen, he would point and laugh and scream "Buttons!". When the Other Parents revealed they wanted Coraline to stay, and to do so she would need to sew buttons on as eyes, Cody laughed harder and even started chanting "Do it! Do it!". It got so bad that an usher came over and asked us to leave, so I lied and told him Cody was autistic and not only did he let us stay, he apologized to me. It's not fair that Cody should have to leave, I mean he was clearly enjoying the movie, just not in the way it was meant to be enjoyed. And I was loving being the person in charge of the person who was ruining the movie for everyone. I've never loved that kid so much.

From Resentful Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment