Friday, March 20, 2009

Bri Time

After dinner last night the kids wanted to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I'm always game for a little Johnny Depp action, and the kids love it, so everyone wins. Except for Brian. I think he has the ability to sense when my hormones increase, which happens every time Johnny Depp comes on screen. Johnny Depp scene = hard, one armed hugs from Brian. In addition to mathematical affection, Brian participated in a game the kids play that I call "Ask mommy to get things from the kitchen with baby voices". Cody started it with a "Mommy, mommy appie juice!", Bekka followed with a "Mommy, mommy Oreos and ice Cream and candy canes!" and Brian ended it with a "Mommy, mommy popcorn!". Then he smiles and shrugs his shoulders like "I'm adorable, right?". On a day to day basis, my hate level for Brian is at a low 4. But when he pulls shit like this, moves he thinks are cute and loving but are just plain needy, that indicator zooms to a 10 (this is a 10 point scale). It's times like this where I think about shooting myself in front of all of them, so they have to live forever with the image of what they pushed me to.

From Resentful Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment