Friday, March 13, 2009

No rest for the weary

Last night marked night one of Cody's reoccurring night terrors. They happen every two months or so and drag on for 4-5 days, wreaking so much havoc on my sleep schedule it takes me another week to get back on track. After waking him up from a terror at 3AM and singing him back to sleep with a lackluster rendition of "Eidel Vise", I couldn't fall back asleep. So I hit up the all knowing Internet on the subject. Wikipedia told me that night terrors can be genetic, and if they are, I know I am to blame. Every night, right before I fall deep asleep, my neurotic brain shifts from 1st to 5th gear. It starts listing things I need to do, things I forgot, mistakes I made during the day, during the week, during my life. It takes me a half hour and 4 Tylenol PM's to get back to sleep. Cody is not old enough for a drug problem. So I am buying him this night light. I hope it helps (me).

From Resentful Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment