Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wii (Weeeeeeee!) Pt. 2 (of 2)

(con't)
He looked so comfortable and chic and cool, and here I was in full makeup, heels and a short black dress. I must have looked like I was on a job interview. He ordered a decaf cafe au lait and sat down. We dove into some real awkward small talk, so I decided to make a bold choice and ask him how he was doing since the divorce. It was a good move. He started talking to me like an old friend. He told me he was doing really well, he and his wife were wrong for each other, he has a new found freedom and feels centered, and he's super relieved there were no kids involved. I took that as a queue to talk about my own kids. I was worried, I never told Tyler I had kids, but I proceeded anyway. I told Tyler that kids aren’t all they’re cracked up to be, one of mine is gay and the other is fat. He thought I was joking and laughed so hard he nearly knocked over his beverage. I told him I was serious and he laughed harder. I thought for sure I had just ruined this for myself by being so honest and expressing a thought most people would deem "socially unacceptable". But you know what???!!!!! He grabbed my hand and told me that it was refreshing to hear someone say something so truthful. Between his passive aggressive ex-wife and working in advertising, he's surrounded by false truths. It was so, so great. He was looking me in the eye and holding my hand very gently, which I kind of wish he wasn't doing because my hand was hot and moist from being so nervous. But he didn’t stop. He asked me if I was married, and I told him the truth. If that was going to discourage him, he didn't show it cause that guy did not miss a beat. He went right into how he can’t believe how great I look, and that I looked younger and thinner than his ex-wife, who is a yoga teacher!! We sat there for two hours, just talking! He finally had to go back to work, but asked if we could do this again. Then he hugged me, for a long time. A long time. I can live off the memory of that hug for at least two weeks. Then I need to see him again.

I'm having an affair, right?


From Resentful Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment