Thursday, February 19, 2009

Helping Hand

So I was reading "Ask Peggy" in this month's Good Housekeeping, and I have one word to describe her advice. SUCK. As in "it sucks" and as in "she sucks". I know she is just a cog in the machine that is the Emily Post Institute, but it makes me no less furious that she is giving out crappy advice, to, no doubt, young moms who are confused and sad and on the edge of ending it all. One time Peggy told a reader that it was rude to ask for decaf at a dinner party because you could embarrass the hostess if she doesn't have any. First of all, if you're getting embarrassed because you don't have decaf coffee, you've got problems far worse than lack of beverages. Secondly, scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as reader questions are concerned. So I've decided to put this out there. If you are a resentful mom, and you have serious questions that need answers from a subjective source, send 'em to me. Rachel.Sochney@gmail.com. And I'll answer them. Honestly and without judgment. Well, maybe a little judgment.




No comments:

Post a Comment