Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Total Recall

The Razor Dirt Quad Cody had to have Christmas of 2006 was just recalled. I didn't understand why he wanted it. Most of his toy wants are gender neutral or lean slightly feminine, so I was shocked he wanted this rugged electric bike. We did paint it purple, per his wishes, but it still looked semi-masculine. He loves that thing. I don't know what's going to happen when I have to take it away from him in the dead of the night. The worst part of this whole thing is that when I read that the throttle malfunction can cause the vehicle to surge forward, I thought for a moment that maybe I should let him keep riding it and pretend I never read the article. This could be my ticket out. At least for now. Which is a horrible thought I know, to put your own needs to be free over a child's safety. But I did think it. I even burned the issue of Parent I read it in, to get rid of evidence that I knew. A hour later I came to my senses and loaded it into my car and took it to our storage unit until the replacement part arrived. It would be great though, to have one less kid.




No comments:

Post a Comment