Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking out the garbage

I was cleaning out the junk drawer when I found a crumpled up magazine page. When I opened it up I could hardly believe what it was! Before I had Bekka, I was a really well-to-do interior designer. This is one of the houses I did, and it was featured in Southern Living magazine. My client lived in Atlanta (I used to decorate homes all over the country) and she had a friend who worked for the magazine and viola! free advertising for me. Not that I really needed it, but I was so busy after that issue came out that I had to make the decision to stop doing it or expand. Brian put a baby in me, which really helped me make my "decision". I've never talked to the kids about it because I'm afraid if they ask why I don't do it anymore, I'll just start crying and won't be able to stop. For days. I should throw this away but I feel like it's place is crumpled up in the back of a drawer filled with old keys, rubber bands, fortune cookies and locks.

From Resentful Mom


From Resentful Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment